Thursday, September 14, 2006

We've come full circle
For four years we've listened to Republican politicians and conservative pundits tell us that we needed to remove Saddam because he was a consciousless dictator who crushed dissent and brutally maintained total control over his people with an iron fist. That went so well that now we have a conservative pundit telling us that we needed to restore Saddam because he will be a consciousless dictator who will crush dissent and brutally maintain total control over his people with an iron fist. Michael Savage on Tuesday:
Well I got news for you, I'm the first to have said it, but I'm not the last to have said it. I said it a year ago. Maybe we should bring back Saddam, a Sunni, because he knows how to control the Shia. No. You can laugh all you want. He knew how to control them; he knew how to keep these maniacs under control. And he was also a counterbalance to Iran.

I'm not the first to have said it and I won't be the last to have said it, but Michael Savage is an idiot. Is everyone as tired as I am with the macho posing of conservatives who want to fix every problem with more killing and less freedom? Wouldn't we all be better off if they just settled their manhood issues by driving big, gas-guzzling cars?

No comments: