Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Bush alarms his friends
Pat Robertson is not exactly known as a card carrying member of the reality-based community, but apparently Bush is sometimes so far out in cloud-cuckoo-land that even Robertson starts edging toward the door.
"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

The White House had no comment on Robertson's remarks.

[...]

"I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy," Robertson said. "I warned him about casualties."

Based on his previous conversations with God, we have to believe Robertson thought this was going to be a popular messy disaster.
"I think George Bush is going to win in a walk," the religious broadcaster said on his "700 Club" program on the Virginia Beach-based Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded.

"I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way," Robertson said.

"The Lord has just blessed him," Robertson said of Bush. "I mean, he could make terrible mistakes and comes out of it. It doesn't make any difference what he does, good or bad, God picks him up because he's a man of prayer and God's blessing him."

In that same episode (2 January 2004), Robertson revealed that God let him know 2004 would be a year of "extraordinary prosperity." I think the Big Guy likes to pull Robertson's leg sometimes.

No comments: