Saturday, September 06, 2003

Below fifty

The polling numbers for the leader of the free world continue to decline. This is hardly news and I only bring it up because I enjoy watching him decline. Does this mean I’m one of those “Bush-haters” we’ve been hearing so much about lately? Yes. Yes it does. Although, I have to admit that I’m a bit baffled that they throw the phrase “Bush-hater” around as if it was a bad or unreasonable thing. From where I sit, it looks as if the whole administration has worked hard to earn our loathing. I also have to admit that I’m somewhat surprised at how well “tree-hugging” and “Bush-hating” go together. Go figure.

Back to the polling numbers. Now that he has fallen below fifty for the first time, we can expect Rove’s September surprise any day now. Oh look, our president is going to be addressing the nation tomorrow. You don’t think he’ll be warning us about vague unspecified threats and promising new great-sounding programs that will never quite materialize? Me too.

No comments: